This Privacy and Security Statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to information collected by MYBODYTLC.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of MY BODY TLC, LLC. site (“MYBODYTLC.com,” “we,” or “us”). MYBODYTLC.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers (“Customers,” or “you”). We have created the following Privacy Statement to give you an overview of the type of information we collect, how the information is used and how the information is safeguarded. Information is collected from Customers by MYBODYTLC.com through the use of the MYBODYTLC.com Web site. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected by MYBODYTLC.com. By visiting the MYBODYTLC.com Web site, you consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
A. TRUSTe CERTIFICATION
B. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
In order to provide you with products of interest to you and to continually improve your shopping experience on MYBODYTLC.com, we collect information about our Customers in a variety of ways. In some cases, MYBODYTLC.com asks Customers directly for information in order for them to purchase products or use our services, and, in other cases, information is collected automatically as Customers are using the MYBODYTLC.com Web site. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to purchase products or take advantage of the features we offer. MYBODYTLC.com is the sole owner of information collected on the MYBODYTLC.com Web site. The following is a summary of the kinds of information MYBODYTLC.com collects:
1. Active Collection.
MYBODYTLC.com collects certain information either voluntarily or as required in order to register with MYBODYTLC.com or use certain MYBODYTLC.com services or features. This type of information includes:
- Order form. Contact information, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Shipping or transaction information, such as billing address and financial information (credit card number and expiration date) if you choose to purchase products offered for sale on the MYBODYTLC.com Web site. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the Customer.
- Demographic information such as zip code.
- Information you enter in forms and optional surveys or contests, such as name and e-mail address.
- Information provided in connection with discussions on bulletin boards, in chat rooms, and in messaging or other interactive services.
- Information provided in e-mail requests and communications.
- Information from other sources. In order to personalize our service by providing better product recommendations or special offers we may think will interest you, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily. In addition, we may acquire customer names, e-mail addresses and mailing addresses for select mailings from third parties.
2. Passive Collection
Some information is collected automatically while you are using the MYBODYTLC.com Web site. It is important to note that MYBODYTLC.com must store this information in order to ensure its Customers receive optimal service while using MYBODYTLC.com services. This type of information includes:
a. Log Files: Log files information, such as IP addresses, browser type, domain names, number of page views, login frequency, page or section accesses. Log files are used to track member usage and engagement and to gauge the effectiveness of our different services. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the MYBODYTLC.com Web site.
MYBODYTLC.com also uses Third Parties to provide services to you on behalf of MYBODYTLC.com, and in doing so they must set cookies on the site. For example, when you use the Live Chat customer service function on our site, The Third Party who allows us to bring this service to you sets a cookie so we can tell what pages of the site you have accessed in order to better respond to your question. If you reject this cookie, you cannot use Live Chat. Also, we use a Third Party to provide web analytic services which allows MYBODYTLC.com to track website usage statistics and checkout information. Such Third Party Cookies are used to:
- Store session state information
- Authenticate Customers
- Help customize content delivery
- Provide context-sensitive help
- Protect Web site security and login time-outs
For information on how to have your browser disable cookies or provide a warning before accepting a cookie, please refer to the cookie options in your browser’s Options or Preferences menu.
c. Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that helps us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller, about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Clear gifs are tied to Customers’ personally identifiable information. We use clear gifs in our HTML-based e-mails to let us know which e-mails the recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Also, clear gifs, which may be set by a third party, are used on pages to track sales, which may result from our Internet advertising campaigns and banner advertisements appearing on other web sites. In order to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, aggregate data pertaining to the dollar amount spent, items purchased, and campaign the customer responded to, is sent to third party servers for the purpose of tracking which sales resulted from specific advertising campaigns and to track conversion sales coming from banner advertisements. No individually identifiable data is sent to third party servers, only data that reflects that a sale occurred. If Customers would like to opt-out of these e-mails, they should see the Opt-out section.
C. HOW DOES MYBODYTLC.com USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
MYBODYTLC.com endeavors to strictly adhere to state, local and federal laws regarding the preservation and archiving of information collected. In addition to the uses described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, MYBODYTLC.com may use the information you provide in the following ways:
- To contact you about our products and services or about your use of our Web site. For example, Customers will receive a welcome e-mail, e-mail newsletters, and customized content, and they may receive an update when MYBODYTLC.com has new product features or enhancements or other news to relay to our Customers.
- For marketing and promotional purposes.
- For catalog mailings if you request to receive a catalog.
- MYBODYTLC.com does not use individually identifiable health information that may be collected in our discussion groups for marketing purposes.
- To respond to your comments or requests or to request feedback regarding our products or services.
- For billing purposes, to facilitate transactions and to fill Customer orders in connection with purchases of products offered by MYBODYTLC.com.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
D. HOW DOES MYBODYTLC.com COMMUNICATE WITH CUSTOMERS?
MYBODYTLC.com would like to communicate with its Customers when we have new products or services we feel are of special interest to you. Unless you opt-out of communications from MYBODYTLC.com, you will receive the following types of communications:
- Special Offers and Updates. We will send MYBODYTLC.com Customers a welcome e-mail to verify your participation in the MYBODYTLC.com products and services we offer. Established Customers will occasionally receive information on products, services and special deals or coupons. Out of respect for the privacy of our Customers, we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice/Opt-out section.
- Customer Service. We communicate with Customers on a regular basis to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account, we reply via e-mail or phone, in accordance with the Customer’s wishes.
- Refer a friend. If a Customer elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. MYBODYTLC.com will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the site. MYBODYTLC.com stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this e-mail and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact MYBODYTLC.com to request the removal of this information from our database by sending an e-mail requesting removal toinfo@MYBODYTLC.com, or by calling Customer Service at 239.244.1434 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 10 AM – 9 PM ET) .
E. WHAT INFORMATION IS SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. MYBODYTLC.com discloses information you provide to us as described below.
- Third party intermediaries. We will share your information with independent contractors, service providers and consultants who assist us in our business or in providing Customers with goods or services. Such service providers may include, without limitation, product suppliers in order to fulfill orders, credit card processing and shipping companies. However we will only share such personally identifiable information, as we deem necessary for them to carry out their obligations to MYBODYTLC.com. Third parties are obligated to only use and/or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose for which MYBODYTLC.com disclosed the information to them, and no other purpose.
- We also share aggregated demographic information with independent contractors, service providers, consultants, advertisers and other partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- MYBODYTLC.com investors receive reports on number of Customers, items purchased, page views, logins, etc. They do not receive any personally identifiable information.
- If you share individually identifiable health information in our discussion groups, it is not shared with third parties. However, information you may share in a public forum, such as our discussion groups, is considered public information if you choose to share it.
- Business transitions. In the event that MYBODYTLC.com goes through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, Customers’ personal information generally is one of the transferred business assets. For more information, see our Notification of Changes section below.
- MYBODYTLC.com will also disclose personal information it has collected if necessary to fulfill our service obligations or if we are required to do so by law or if in our good faith judgment, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web site, to respond to any claims, or protect the rights of MYBODYTLC.com and its Customers and the public. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to sensitive data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information and individually identifiable information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign.
- Information with your consent. Other than as described above, you will receive notice when information about you may go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
The following outlines different types of security procedures MYBODYTLC.com has in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of the information collected.
1. Identification and Authentication
Access to the data is assigned to specific individuals in order to maintain strict control over access. We do not grant general access to data within MYBODYTLC.com and, except as set forth in this Privacy Statement, access to data is not granted to parties outside MYBODYTLC.com. We also verify the identity of the persons accessing the data by using a login name and password. Passwords are required to be six characters and include a non-alphabetic character. In addition, login session times-out after a period of time to prevent unauthorized use.
2. Authorization and Access Control
Only authorized personnel have access to restricted data. Access to sensitive data such as customer financial information and individually identifiable health information is revoked in a timely manner for employees who change function or resign. Nondisclosure Agreements are in place with contractors and third parties having access to sensitive data.
3. Data Confidentiality
MYBODYTLC.com uses 128-bit encryption and a security firewall to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
4. Data Integrity and Retention
We implement full database backups by our certified Database Administrator to establish data consistency and integrity. We also grant Customers access to their information in order to verify that the data is still accurate and has not been modified or corrupted.
Data are stored on our secure server and backed up to tape. Such data are stored to the extent required by state, federal and local laws. Our Web servers are located in a secure and environmentally controlled room/location. Backups are automated and scheduled using industry-standard net backup software and backup tapes are continuously stored in a secure location off-site.
5. Data Management and Monitoring
All employees of MYBODYTLC.com are informed of the company’s security policies. MYBODYTLC.com’s new hires are briefed on security and privacy issues and the security policies are also covered in the employee manual. MYBODYTLC.com departments review security measures at regular department meetings.
Security and privacy threats, operational and technical vulnerabilities have been assessed and countermeasures have been taken to reduce these vulnerabilities. New threats are consistently evaluated and measures are taken to prevent them from occurring at MYBODYTLC.com. In addition, a security firewall screens access events and non-valid attempts are denied and logged. More stringent countermeasures are being implemented by MYBODYTLC.com’s security administrator on a continuous basis.
MYBODYTLC.com may offer links to other Web sites. Please be aware that MYBODYTLC.com is not responsible for the privacy practices of such linked sites, including sites of our partners. We encourage our Customers to be aware of this when they leave MYBODYTLC.com.com and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by MYBODYTLC.com.
H. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
I. BLOG / FORUM
Our Web site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at info@MYBODYTLC.com In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
J. UNSOLICITED E-MAIL (SPAM)
K. SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time to time, our site requests information from Customers via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (zip code) or your name and e-mail address. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Anonymous survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the MYBODYTLC.com Web site.
MYBODYTLC.com.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use MYBODYTLC.com.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
M. CHOICE/OPT OUT
MYBODYTLC.com gives Customers the ability to opt-out of receiving future communications from MYBODYTLC.com by replying to Unsubscribe in the subject line via e-mail at info@MYBODYTLC.com. For example, Customers may wish to opt-out of having their information used for information directly related to MYBODYTLC.com’s products and services.
N. ACCESSING AND CHANGING INFORMATION
To assure that the information collected is accurate and up-to-date, MYBODYTLC.com allows Customers to edit and update their information through the MYBODYTLC.com.com Web site. The MYBODYTLC.com Web site allows Customers to access, delete and correct any inaccuracies in the information submitted online. Customers may also email MYBODYTLC.com or call Customer Services at 239.244.1434 during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 10 AM – 9 PM ET) if they have questions or concerns about the accuracy of their information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
O. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
P. ADDRESSING PRIVACY & SECURITY CONCERNS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices or your dealings with the MYBODYTLC.com Web site, or wish to receive a printed version of this Privacy Statement, please contact us:
Privacy and Security
865 4th Avenue South, Naples FL, 34102